Pumps

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

gratts

I bought a pump from Halfrauds week or two back which turns out to be complete cobblers, pressure gauge doesn't even work.
I'm going to take it back and get a refund - £20. Anyone got any recommendations for a decent pump, or are they all much of a muchness?
For getting upto ~110psi am I better using a floory track pump or is it doable with a hand pump?

Also, with this current pump, I blow air in, and by the time I've screwed the pump connector/presta adapter off, a lot of the air leaks out. Am I doing something wrong, how do I stop this?

Fanks.

OP
OP
G

gratts

Alright cool..
I have the presta adapter screwed on to the pump, and screw them on 'as one'. If I stop pumping I can hear air slowly coming out, and yes, when I unscrew it this is when most air comes out.
At first I thought it was a dodgy valve, but just tried it on a new tube and exactly the same, so must be my problem :ohmy:

Tynan

Veteran
a joe blow ii track pump for £20 is excellent if you're talking about one for home

stacks of good pumps for carrying, avoid halfords is my advice, support an LBS or at least one of the online stores that delivers a genuine service

jimboalee

The best little pump in the business.

Zefal HPR Graph.

But there's a problem.
The French don't like the 'Rosbiff' to have them.

bonj2

go for it. Take the opportunity to have a rant, preferably that some other would-be customers can hear while you're there.

Top Bottom