Pun****es

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

jayce

Had a flat today changed the tube on the side of the road went to pump it up the pump did not work ,it was pissing down had to walk all the way home 5 miles with speedplay cleats,i had the covers but still hard to walk that far .im getting the co2 now they got to be better than what i had ,never mind all in a good days cycling ,,,no i mean walking:angry:

Randochap

Senior hunter
Get a Topeak Road Morph.

Had you ever tested your pump, or did it fail in the field? Imagine what happens if you run out of CO2, have duds, etc. Same issue, with no backup.

OP
OP
J

jayce

Im off to the lbs in the morn to have alook what he got he is a trek dealer so he will have some bontrager mini pumps they should be good quality

RedBike

Never taken the plunge myself with c02. Most people i've seen use it have still ended up resulting to a good pump.

When we get a flat in a road group it's always the large frame pumps that are the most popular.

With MTBs it's the slime c02 mix
http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&ssPageName=STRK:MEWAX:IT&item=380092213197
followed by a mini pump!

Randochap

Senior hunter
RedBike said:
When we get a flat in a road group it's always the large frame pumps that are the most popular.

Or, even more popular: The Topeak Road Morph. Why? Because it's actually a portable "track pump." You don't have to hold it in mid-air and flail around trying to get your tyres up to 100psi. I can get that kind of workout in the weight room at the gym if I like.

I've pumped a friends tubs up to 160psi w/ the Road Morph without breaking a sweat. And it's build sturdily.

Every long-distance rider I know uses the TRM. We know what it's like to stand beside the road at night in the pouring rain, trying to inflate a tyre w/ a "mini-pump."

Top Bottom