Puncture Fairy is a B1tch!

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
Yesterday. Welsh Borders.

42 miles from home. 36 miles from mother-in-law's house. Slow puncture. No repair kit (don't ask).

Spare tube was for a 650 rim. Road bike runs 700s. Trying to put it on with frozen fingers was a comedy sketch. Checked the box and the tube about a zillion times before accepting the tube was ridiulously tiny.

Wife had to drive back from destination to collect me. I nearly froze to death (it felt like it).

Two cyclists passed me without checking I was OK.

The cycling fairy is a b1tch. A stupid, heartless, uncaring b1tch.

"Ja qifsha nanen e nanes", as they say in the Accursed Mountains.

Shame on those other cyclists for passing you :thumbsdown:

.Hope you feel better now. At least you will not forget the repair kit next time

OP
OP
Boris Bajic

Boris Bajic

Ohhh, Boris ................. You of all people not to be prepared.

I was prepared. I threw the kit out of my Camelbak as I thought a tube would be enough.

The tube was a silly size.

It's not fair.

Puncture Fairy is a fuggin' beeyatch. Fuggin', fuggin', fuggin' beeyatch!

With knobs on. Stupid, stupid, stupid brain-free, ugly, dimwitted Puncture Fairy!!!!!

The end.

matthat

Über Member
I was prepared. I threw the kit out of my Camelbak as I thought a tube would be enough.

The tube was a silly size.

It's not fair.

Puncture Fairy is a fuggin' beeyatch. Fuggin', fuggin', fuggin' beeyatch!

With knobs on. Stupid, stupid, stupid brain-free, ugly, dimwitted Puncture Fairy!!!!!

The end.

:banghead:

I was sort of prepared the other week and it didn't help.

Decided to have a trip out on the MTB, route was decided and off I went. About 6 miles in I suffered a double puncture (front and rear). No problem, I have two spare tubes so I get both changed job done. As I have about 50 miles of my intended route left, I decide to repair the tubes before continuing. Bummer no puncture repair kit! I must have taken it out of my bag a forgot to return it. With 50 miles still to do and no spare tubes I don't have any choice really but to turn round and go home. I was gutted, needless to say a repair kit was promptly returned to the saddle bag on the MTB.

Top Bottom