Puncture on Tacx Trainer

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

geocycle

Legendary Member
Tacx! No I won’t go there.

What sort of puncture, I’m assuming it wasn’t a foreign body. Is it in the sidewalls or tread? if the former under inflation perhaps?

Dogtrousers

Kilometre nibbler
I'm assuming it's a wheel-on trainer where you clamp your back wheel into the trainer.

That's something that never happened to me when I used one of those, so I find it unusual.

As @cougie uk says - find what caused it. Examine the tyre very closely in the region of the puncture. If you've removed the tyre and don't know exactly whereabouts the puncture was, examine the whole tyre. Dragging a bit of cotton wool around the inside of the tyre so it snags on any hard-to-see sharp thing is one method.

In all probability there was a tiny sharp embedded in the tyre that was pushed through into the inner tube by the roller. Find it and remove it. Then patch your tube.

Also, feel fortunate that this happened on the trainer in the comfort of your home and not on the road.

When using the trainer always check your tyre pressure and as @Ming the Merciless says, calibrate it before each session.

Ming the Merciless

There is no mercy
Hedge cuttings from next door?

I left my bike in the kitchen one night.
Cat took exception to my using his space and sunk his claws right through the tyre. I had about three holes in one tyre.

Never dared bring it in since.

rivers

How far can I go?
I've had punctures a couple of times on the turbo. One due to just using an old tyre that had finally reached the end of its life. The other,a turbo tyre that had also reached the end of its life. Time for a new tyre.

Proto

Legendary Member
I’ve had a puncture on a turbo, big blow out, ‘bang’. The tyres get really hot and I think the glue from an old repair had given way and ‘boom’. I didn’t investigate, tbh, but made sure I always used decent tubes after that.

Have to say, direct drive trainers are streets ahead.

Top Bottom