Puncture repair on Sprint 20

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

steelisbest

I have not yet had a puncture on the trike - anything specific I need to know regarding getting the front wheel/tyre off ( mudguards fitted)? Also what should be kept on the machine for doing this at roadside ?

THanks
Phil

Easiest way , remove mudguard, lay trike on side . Strip tyre from wheel without removing wheel . Check tyre for thorns and use a spare tube .

Regards Emma

If your mudguards are supported on one side only you don’t even need to remove them. Or even tilt the trike on its side really, if you can rest the bare rim on something to stop it getting scratched.

For the hub motor wheel on my bent I invested in one of the Gaadi snake inner tubes so I didn’t have to struggle getting the wheel out of the forks.

The only tools you’re going to need are some tyre levers and a pump. Though I always carry a couple of tubes and a puncture repair kit in case of a really bad visitation from the p*nct*r* fairy.

Bad Machine

In the garage .....
puncture repair kit (glue + patches + sandpaper + chalk cube)
and / or
spare inner tube
mini-pump
tyre levers
(reading glasses)
needle nose pliers

I now include the pliers so if I find the offending thorn that's gone through my Marathon Plus, I can make sure I remove all of it.
The reading glasses ensure I pull only the thorn.

Marathon Plus thorn ICE.jpg

I'd add a tyre boot to the above list.
Being wider and on three tracks, if you're unlucky then you'll hit the big piece of glass on the edge of a track that an ordinary cyclist would miss.
In +8 years I've only used it once, but it did save me a long walk home.

I tend to balance he trike on it's good wheel.
Just make sure to move any mirror out of the way when you tip it on it's side.
This lifts the flat tyre to a good height to work on.

Luck ............ ^_^

OP
OP
steelisbest

steelisbest

Apologies for late reply - have been distracted of late.

Thanks for all replies - very useful. Will try changing a tube at home to familiarise myself with the job.

Top Bottom