Punctures on your commute?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
If you can't be bothered to repair the tyre (or don't have time) then you can always jump on a Boris Bike and repair the bike on your commute home!

That's what a mate of mine did the other day when he was caught without puncture repair kit and it seemed a fairly decent use for a boris bike!

Don't leave your bike locked up when it gets a p*nct*re. Really, just don't. That's how I lost my Orbit Gold Medal Extra in Manchester. I locked it to railings with a U-lock while I went to work, and it got nicked. If I'd spent a few minutes changing tube (or had something like Marathons back then), I'd still be riding that beauty today.

MacB

Lover of things that come in 3's
Bit of a waste to throw tubes with just one puncture in them. £2.50 each, but £2.50 can get you enough patches to repair 5 tubes etc, so 50p a tube if you repair...

I wouldn't advocate slinging them just giving them away if you don't mind paying just for new tubes. This is theoretical for me though, two of my bikes have M+ and have never punctured and the other has only punctured twice and that was on the same ride. I always carry two tubes and I recycled the punctured two for some strapping in the garage.

Top Bottom