punctures

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Makemore

ive had my road bike a couple of weeks now and enjoying it but ive had 2 punctures, the first one i had just pumped up the tyres to the correct pressure of 120 psi and about 3 minutes later i was sitting down (not on the bike) and the tyre just popped without anyone even touching it ,the other puncture i noticed this morning before i was just to go out for a ride (same tyre) but it was fine when i got home on it from a ride,could it be something im doing wrong? thanks

PpPete

Legendary Member
What brand/model of tyres? What rims have you got?
On the first one that "just popped" was it a small hole in inner tube or a big rip ?

Edit - suggest mods move this one to Know-How

Norm

The first one you almost certainly did something, my guess is that you either pinched the tube when you put the tyre back on or your hadn't seated the tube / tyre properly and the tube was caught between the tyre and the rim.

The second one is just a slow puncture. I usually have at least one of those in one of my bikes. :biggrin: Going down overnight means you should be able to see it leaking air, albeit slowly, if you put the tube in a bucket of water.

OP
OP
M

Makemore

Its a raleigh sprint bike ,dont know what the tyres are but they must be cheap as its only a cheap bike to get me fit,the the first functure was when the bike was only used for the second time and the second is not a slow functure as it woult not stay pumped up. Would i be better off getting some tyres like continental tour ride im not too bothered about a bit of lack of speed i just dont want to be fixing punctures all the the time

2old2care

Über Member
Have you checked the tyre for any foreign objects that could re-puncture the inner tube, sounds like there is still something in there!!!

cyberknight

As long as I breathe, I attack.
Have you checked the tyre for any foreign objects that could re-puncture the inner tube, sounds like there is still something in there!!!

+1 I spent a good half hour last week digging micro glass shards out of my tyres and super gluing the nicks , yeah yeah i should check my tyres more often but its hard when i have a 3 year old sprog wanting to either get covered in oil or superglue his fingers together if i let him near the wheel ....

OP
OP
M

Makemore

Ok i will check for for stuff like that the roads in birmingham are very bad in parts. Would continental tour rides be a better option for less punctures?

Top Bottom