1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Puntures per miles ...who has the best ratio?

Discussion in 'CycleChat Cafe' started by Bigtallfatbloke, 14 Dec 2007.

1. Bigtallfatbloke

Bigtallfatbloke New Member

Ok I have had 3 puntures in 3500 miles this year...erm so that's a % ratio of...hmmm....where's that calculator:rolleyes:

2. Cycling Naturalist

Cycling Naturalist Legendary Member

I've done about 4,000 miles since I last had a puncture.

3. Frazer

Frazer New Member

Dont get me started....probably 6 or 7 punctures in the last 1500 miles. Last time i went out for a long ride, over 100km, i made it to within 500 yards of my house puncture free. Then, not one, but BOTH tyres punctured at exactly the same time, I have no idea what did it, can't find anything lodged in the tyres and its only very small punctures, but boy was I p*****d off.

So that makes my ratio one puncture per 250 miles, which sounds about right with the luck i've had recently.

4. Mister Paul

Mister Paul Honky

Probably something like 1 puncture in 3000 miles. At a rough guess.

Patrick,

Your tricycle, the red one with Bob the Builder on, has solid tyres. That's why you don't get punctures.

5. domtyler

domtyler Über Member

Bugger, you beat me to it!! :becool::biggrin:!:biggrin:

6. walker

walker New Member

Best I've seen on a club run is 5 puntures in the space of 150 yards. and one of us had 3 puntures in that time, And i got my first rear punture this year in 4 years of cycling

7. longers

longers Veteran

I'm saying nowt :becool:. Best not tempt fate eh?

8. Chuffy

Chuffy Veteran

You are so doomed. :becool:

I'm not saying. I'm not as blase in the face of the Fairy as Patrick is.:biggrin:

9. alecstilleyedye

alecstilleyedye nothing in moderation Staff Member

don't know the milage, but only 2 punctures in 1.5 years commuting every day plus out at the weekends.

10. Chuffy

Chuffy Veteran

That's another poor fool on the Fairy's list....:becool:

11. 4 in the last 3500km...but I'm careful not to use the word puncture - it's unluckpppfffffffffffffffffffffffft! :becool:

12. alecstilleyedye

alecstilleyedye nothing in moderation Staff Member

no, she gets her kicks from the fact that the tyres are a bugger to put on in the first place. i'm pre-misseried.

13. On the commuter I've had 2 of those P things since I bought the bike in March (2700mls). On the Sirrus I've had 1 in 2000mls (club run at the start of the year) and on the Bianchi its 0 in 1000mls.

14. mondobongo

mondobongo Über Member

Four in the last last 2 rides each about 30 odd miles so currently running at 1 every 15 and a bit miles or so.