Put off early

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
OP
OP
Scotkiwi

Scotkiwi

Regular
Sorry - was on small screen mobile, so didn't see location. Mistook "scotkiwi" to indicate a NZer in Scotland. At least I tried, unlike... ;)
Haha. All good. And yes, I appreciate all the help I can get. I'm gradually extending my range, but my legs ain't used to this, and I don't like to just sit and turn the handlebar!

OP
OP
Scotkiwi

Scotkiwi

Regular
No worries, I wasn't being an @rse this time at least - honest! I'm a BC ride leader for my sins, so would quite fancy a gig out in NZ.
BC - is that British Columbia or before Christ? They are building lots of cycle tracks through the country now, but in towns they still think that it is done once they have drawn a line along the parking lane.

OP
OP
Scotkiwi

Scotkiwi

Regular
:welcome:
It is indeed a nice part of the world - we regularly visit Whakatane. I've driven through Papamoa a few times :biggrin:
Whakatane is a bit out of range, which is a shame - love the road there, especially where the sea meets the sand meets the dunes meets the rail line meets the road meets the cliffs. Stunning.

OP
OP
Scotkiwi

Scotkiwi

Regular
You just need a bigger battery.

https://www.google.co.uk/maps/dir/Papamoa/Whakatane

Though Route #2 doesn't look that cycle friendly.

And the alternative to an hours drive is 6 hours on a bus? That's one good think about Europe, there's more public transport.

Welcome.

BTW, when you first posted I was going to suggest http://www.cyclingbuddy.com/ but that's pretty UK centric, too.

Edit: and BC is British Cycling.
Thanks mate. Yeah, a bigger battery is available - still working on cycling far enough to exhaust the current one! And no, that road is not at all cycle friendly - daft, considering the number of tourists normally in this area, but it is only in the last few years that anyone here has thought about using a bike. Public transport - yeah, but I have a folding Volto which fits nicely in the boot of the car.

BC - ah, hadn't thought of that, nothing these days normally comes without the 'Great' in front :smile:

Top Bottom