Putting things into perspective (muppet vs Pro segment

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
The segment that ends right at my front garden gate has a KOM of 1:34 it’s just shy of 1km and averages 5.9%, that’s from Steven Kruijswijk last year so no surprise it’s a quick time. My best is 2:40 but at double his age and being a short fat baldy fella i’m happy with that😂. I did last week do a small test on the segment with my e-bike. Full power with a decent run up and with all 850w from the bike i managed to beat the KOM by only 9 seconds and man i was literally flying up there, average speed was over 37kmh and i was also pushing out an average of 350w with my own power, all quickly deleted of course.

Just goes to show how fast these guys climb. I know we all see them passing by on famous tours but actually experiencing that speed for a few short seconds on an environment i know well really put things into perspective for me😳

Conclusion: need to loose more weight and increase my power output, oh and loose 25yrs as well😁

fossyant

Ride It Like You Stole It!
And ditch the illegal ebike.

CXRAndy

Guru
I always double the time it takes me compared to a top class rider.

Re doing a segment on your ebike, great fun. I know someone who led out his young lad on a ebike to chase down some segments

OP
OP
Ridgeway

Ridgeway

Veteran
I always double the time it takes me compared to a top class rider.

Re doing a segment on your ebike, great fun. I know someone who led out his young lad on a ebike to chase down some segments

That seems a reasonable ratio 2-1, makes sense.

Just amazing to feel the difference between real human speed vs the super humans, +30kmh up hill😳

Top Bottom