Pyrenees June 2011

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

User269

Season's Greetings all!

We're planning a fixed base trip to the Pyrenees to climb those famous, and not so famous Cols. It seems quite difficult to find somewhere that has cycling access to the main cols without riding over 70 miles and doing over 6000ft of climbing. I guess somewhere like Argeles Gazost might be suitable, but do you have any suggestions? We'd prefer to stay in one place even though we're staying for 2 weeks, and we'll have our car.

CycleTourist

Season's Greetings all!

We're planning a fixed base trip to the Pyrenees to climb those famous, and not so famous Cols. It seems quite difficult to find somewhere that has cycling access to the main cols without riding over 70 miles and doing over 6000ft of climbing. I guess somewhere like Argeles Gazost might be suitable, but do you have any suggestions? We'd prefer to stay in one place even though we're staying for 2 weeks, and we'll have our car.

Hi I'd recommed Bagnere's de Luchon for a fixed centre holiday. It's a lovely little town in a stunning setting and offers a range of accommodation possibilities and lots of things to do if you fancy a day off the bike. The cycling round there is truly awesome! Have fun wherever you go. http://www.climbbybike.com/climbs_selection.asp?Departure=Bagn%E8res%20de%20Luchon

Brains

Legendary Member
Or check out the European Bike Express, they have a cycling base in northern Spain and you don't need to take your car

Top Bottom