QR Codes

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

thomas

the tank engine
So, does anyone actually use them? I've only just found an app today for my phone so just experimenting with them.

I know they're not all over the place yet, but I see them on adverts and things from time to time, so do you ever use them?

Partly asking as for my final year project part of it will be looking at mobile internet for marketing small businesses, so would interest me to get some random thoughts :smile:

rh100

Tried using the app on my phone, but the camera is really bad especially in poor light. So I reckon the target audience could be limited to those that know about it and those who have a decent camera in their phone.

I really like the idea of the normal bar code scanning to check prices or reviews on the web, but again the hardware is a letdown.

OP
OP
thomas

thomas

the tank engine
Tried using the app on my phone, but the camera is really bad especially in poor light. So I reckon the target audience could be limited to those that know about it and those who have a decent camera in their phone.

I really like the idea of the normal bar code scanning to check prices or reviews on the web, but again the hardware is a letdown.

Yeah, they had a barcode site on Click the other day. The camera on my phone is crap, but seems to work...no idea what it'd be like outside though, will have to test it :tongue:.

I use them quite a bit. I find mobile apps to use on the big screen PC and then to download them to my phone I just point the phone camera at screen and bingo!

Certainly saves typing a mahoosive URL into the phone, although as I get more and more apps on the phone, I find it less and less useful.

martint235

Dog on a bike
I occasionally use them if, for example like a previous poster, I've searched for an app on t'internet and it's come up with a QR code. I don't really use them for any thing else. I kind of see them as a marketing gimmick and think "If you want to advertise something to me, at least go to the effort of producing a proper advert rather than expecting me to follow a QR code to get to want you want me to see"

PaulSB

Legendary Member
I didn't know what a QR code did until five minutes ago. Sounds very useful. Can anyone suggestion a decent iPhone app for reading and then connecting to the web etc?

rusky

CC Addict
I use them quite a lot for downloading apps for my Android. Very handy.

I didn't know what a QR code did until five minutes ago. Sounds very useful. Can anyone suggestion a decent iPhone app for reading and then connecting to the web etc?

I used an android one imaginatively called 'barcode scanner'. Must be something similar for iphone.
Try this one:

qrcode2.png

OP
OP
thomas

thomas

the tank engine
I used an android one imaginatively called 'barcode scanner'. Must be something similar for iphone.
Try this one:

[attachment=1016:qrcode2.png]

just so people know...that one won't work unless you click it and enlarge it....as I just spent 5 minutes trying to work out :tongue:

mmace

I use QR codes multiple times a day, every day.
I make them myself for my websites etc too using this web site:

url.png

you can create contacts, emails, URLs, text etc etc

Top Bottom