Quality Brand Hybrid Bikes

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Wester

Guru
What are good quality brands to look out for when buying a Hybrid bike ?

Also when buying a second hand bike what do you look for in the bike to be sure that you are getting a good bargin and not a defective bike

Any advice on the subject please

KevinG

Hi, there are many quality brands. It all depends on budget and requirements really.

A few that spring to mind:

Trek
Specialized
Ridgeback
Kona

There are many basic mechanical checks you can make when viewing a 2nd hand bike, a search on this forum will no doubt help you there.

Kevin.

sayek1

Boardman - excellent hybrid and about 4 different models to choose from.

Just make sure that when buying through e-bay you dont get carried away and pay over the odds. Look for completed listings to gauge a reasonable max price. Look at their feedback, contact them beforehand and ask some questions, check how they will package it up (I made a massive error here some months back).

Gut feel tends to work. Alternatively try gumtree.co.uk Depending on where you are in the country you might get a good choice and can view before buying.

OP
OP
Wester

Wester

Guru
KevinG said:
Hi, there are many quality brands. It all depends on budget and requirements really.

A few that spring to mind:

Trek
Specialized
Ridgeback
Kona

There are many basic mechanical checks you can make when viewing a 2nd hand bike, a search on this forum will no doubt help you there.

Kevin.

I have searched the forum and could not find any advice on what to check for when buying a second hand bike to be sure that you are buying a quality bike

Somebody help me out please

Top Bottom