Quandary

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

subaqua

What’s the point
cycling home last night, riding in a primary position as the road is too narrow for a safe pass by a car and the cycle lane is bang in the door zone of the parked cars. we are approaching traffic lights on red and the bus in the stop in front of me has indicated it is going to pullout. I slow down so the bus doesn't pull into me ( and if i follow the bus i can keep up with it and ride primary without idiot drivers trying to ram me off the road) .Suddenly there is a car horn blaring, not a warning toot toot or a friendly ! toot and an idiot in a ford maverick is trying to drive through me and nudge me out of the way. I move into the cycle lane here as the lane is against the pavement with no parking for cars. I look at the car and recognise it as my next door but one neighbour. she looks across realises its me and waves and nervous laughs.
told my wife and she thinks i should roadsafe it as she , to me it seems , will treat all cyclists like this.

your thoughts

Spinney

Bimbleur extraordinaire
How well do you get on with your neighbour-but-one?
Better to have a word with her - explain that if it was anyone else you would have reported it to roadsafe. Explain what roadsafe is and that it would put her on the police radar (or whatever roadsafe actually does do!).

Kestevan

Last of the Summer Winos
Nail her doors closed, then set fire to the house - only language they understand :smile:

Or pop round and have a chat...... probably a better way of staying out of prison for the rest of forever

fossyant

Ride It Like You Stole It!
Explain why you were slowing (and the fact that busses have little give way symbols) and that if she had been watching the road, she would have seen the bus pulling out. If that doesn't work, torch the car. :rolleyes:

Top Bottom