Question about Tandem Bottom bracket

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Saluki

World class procrastinator
Hi.
bike bud and I giving serious consideration to a tandem. He’s 6’2” and I am 5’7”, just in case anyone has one handily for sale.

Would something like a Dawes Galaxy Twin have a regular BB or are they something special?

Thanks. There may be more questions. Well, there is likely to be in all honesty.

Sharky

Guru
Well, there will be two BB's.
The front chain ring is usually connected to the rear ring of the same size, so pedalling is in unison. To adjust chain tension, one of the BB's will be an eccentric BB.

biggs682

Touch it up and ride it
Hi.
bike bud and I giving serious consideration to a tandem. He’s 6’2” and I am 5’7”, just in case anyone has one handily for sale.

Would something like a Dawes Galaxy Twin have a regular BB or are they something special?

Thanks. There may be more questions. Well, there is likely to be in all honesty.

You are welcome to come and try our Raleigh MTB inspired one if you are passing but it's not for sale .

I would almost deffo say the front bottom bracket will be eccentric type which is pretty standard for tandems and nothing to be worried about

OP
OP
Saluki

Saluki

World class procrastinator
oh and they are wicked fun to ride ^_^
When I was a kid we had a tandem with a wheel size akin to a Raleigh Twenty. Once the novelty had warn off with everyone else, my cousin Simon and I took that bike mikes and miles. We were between 12 & 14 years so had 3 excellent summers just clearing off for day rides. No problem riding from Norwich to Gt Yarmouth and back. We could take turns with who ride where. Mostly so he could loll about and roll a cigarette (14, yes I know) using both hands.

When I was a kid we had a tandem with a wheel size akin to a Raleigh Twenty. Once the novelty had warn off with everyone else, my cousin Simon and I took that bike mikes and miles. We were between 12 & 14 years so had 3 excellent summers just clearing off for day rides. No problem riding from Norwich to Gt Yarmouth and back. We could take turns with who ride where. Mostly so he could loll about and roll a cigarette (14, yes I know) using both hands.
pics?

Top Bottom