Question for Mac (handlebars)

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

MacB

Lover of things that come in 3's
Old timer said:
Mac
Just fitted some foam rubber to the bar ends:ohmy: I`m lucky, I have strong hands. There must be a knack to it?
Does make all the difference though.

should have said, I use a thin knitting needle, for removal, and plain old bike oil for fitting and removal. Just needs a drop and they slide on easily with a bit of twisting. Another drop on the end of the knitting needle and run it round inside grip, it slides off easily with a little twisting. Takes about two hours for the grip to become fully secure, but can be used immediately with some common sense and care.

I haven't lost a grip, or had one slip in use, yet:biggrin: some have been removed and installed many times.

OP
OP
Old timer

Old timer

Über Member
MacB said:
should have said, I use a thin knitting needle, for removal, and plain old bike oil for fitting and removal. Just needs a drop and they slide on easily with a bit of twisting. Another drop on the end of the knitting needle and run it round inside grip, it slides off easily with a little twisting. Takes about two hours for the grip to become fully secure, but can be used immediately with some common sense and care.

I haven't lost a grip, or had one slip in use, yet:biggrin: some have been removed and installed many times.
Thanks Mac
Now my wife has seen the bar ends and the grips she wants them:laugh: and I`m gonna fit them on my bought E bike( the one I`ve just done is my 20 year old Evans that I converted to electric(front wheel) she now does 22mph in good conditions on the throttle and with pedal assist 20mph in top(13 rear and 48 front) and easy cruise in 5th(of 6 gears) at 18 mph.
That new sit up more position has enabled me to pedal faster and keep up with the pedal assist much better than when I was leaning forward and no numbness in the hands at all now.

Thanks for all your help

Dave

Norm

I can recommend Silvikrin hair spray when putting new grips on the bike. Nice and slippery when wet, so you can easily get them in the right position and straight, but it sets like glue although it can still subsequently be removed with the knitting needle.

Just get your wife to buy it, you get funny looks when you are bald, fat and forty-something when you put hair spray in your shopping basket.

Apparently. ;)

Top Bottom