Questions about Outdoor Chat

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Accy cyclist

Legendary Member
How many of you have signed up?

Can you use your Cycle Chat username?

Those who have signed up do you use you CC username ({if you are allowed to) or have you gone for another identity?

Mods please direct me if this has been discussed before in another thread.

Hill Wimp

Fair weathered,fair minded but easily persuaded.
I have.

Yes you can

Yes I have

The discussion is fine here but get over there and say hello. Once you are registered you can float between sites very easily.

summerdays

Cycling in the sun
I've signed up, though I don't walk big long distance walks every week.

I've almost got the same name... I've ended up putting a capital letter in Summerdays.... I've often wondered about changing it on here so started with the different name.

I've used a different image though.

OP
OP
Accy cyclist

Accy cyclist

Legendary Member
I've signed up, though I don't walk big long distance walks every week.

I've almost got the same name... I've ended up putting a capital letter in Summerdays.... I've often wondered about changing it on here so started with the different name.

I've used a different image though.
The username choice has delayed me signing up. Once you've chosen a name that's it,there's no going back unless you re-register. You can change your Christian name but not your user name on chat sites. I've been wondering whether to keep my CC name or go for something similar or use a completely new id.

summerdays

Cycling in the sun
The username choice has delayed me signing up. Once you've chosen a name that's it,there's no going back unless you re-register. You can change your Christian name but not your user name on chat sites. I've been wondering whether to keep my CC name or go for something similar or use a completely new id.
You can change your username just think of one and then send a message to one of the mods. Many have changed their names over the years. Then you get the formerly known as tag under their name for a month or so as people get used to the new one.

Last edited:

Julia9054

Guru
I would much prefer it if people used the same user names or only slight variations. I know I haven't met many people from here in real life but I have been using Cyclechat for a few years and feel like I "know" the regular posters. I like to know who I am talking to. I have gone for same name, slightly different Tardigrade!
As for the "I have a new name but you can all tell who I am" brigade (politics forum), no, actually, I can't!

Spinney

Bimbleur extraordinaire
Me, same name, different pic (although both are of me on a mountain).

welsh dragon

Thanks but no thanks. I think I'll pass.
I use the same name, just a different avatar. I don't see the point in changing names. It just seems to me that people do it for ulterior motives. It doesn't work though. You can change your name as much as you want, but your personality will always shine through so i stay with the same username.

OP
OP
Accy cyclist

Accy cyclist

Legendary Member
I use the same name, just a different avatar. I don't see the point in changing names. It just seems to me that people do it for ulterior motives. It doesn't work though. You can change your name as much as you want, but your personality will always shine through so i stay with the same username.
I'd have to keep the same avatar. I had quite a few to choose from, then for some reason the images i had stored disappeared. I don't think that if i signed up on the new site that i'd be able to access my current avatar either?

SpokeyDokey

67, & my GP says I will officially be old at 70!
Same name for me although I haven't sorted my avatar yet. I did play around with a couple of Vibram sole pic's but they didn't render well in the small dimensions allowed for avatars. Then my creative juices ceased to flow and I've now left things in the hope that inspiration will strike like a bolt out of the blue.

OP
OP
Accy cyclist

Accy cyclist

Legendary Member
As far as I recall, you upload the photo and the software renders it at the maximum size allowed. Probably best to crop it tightly first.
Yes but there was a site i used which i can't find now,to "size my avatar" or something like that. It all disappeared when i got rid of my old computer and ended up with someone's laptop which i now use.

Top Bottom