Quick evening jaunt for unfit one!

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Willow

No chance to get out on bike over weekend so whilst boys were having hours TV tonight decided to go out for quick jaunt. Did 5 miles which was great as made me realise in no time I'll be cycling to work (7 miles one way) would have a go tomorrow but need to wait until Sept when DS2 can cycle to school. Time meanwhile to work out how to get work clothes etc to office, Maybe drive Monday and take stuff with me for rest of week - any other views in this respect - smart casual is fine though may be better to go back to wearing suit and leave that there for week just taking tops as needed. The bike computer I fitted yesterday is working well and makes it more interesting to know how fast you're going and distance done at end. Need also to try and find more countrified rout even if it means going a little way extra.

Fab Foodie

hanging-on in quiet desperation ...
Well done!

Agree it's a good plan to take some kit in on Monday in the car and home Friday. BUT, maybe by September, 7 miles will be a mere stroll in the park, then you maight wish to take clothes every day. It's perfectly possible using a pannier or as I used-to, a saddle-bag (Mrs FF still does).

Your fitness will increase rapidly with 2 to 3 outings per week, 10 milers will soon be conquered, the 20's then 50's!

If cycle-commuting we all highly rate a book called "Cycle-craft" by Franklin (HMSO books), it's the essential survival handbook for road use. Puts you much more in control of your journey.

Good luck suzi, welcome to CC a nd the sadly addictive world of the bicycle.

OP
OP
W

Willow

Pleased to be back in this addictive world and really hoping it helps me control the weight a bit. If anyone out there lives Effingham/guildford and knows a more countrified route to Merrow which avoids the A246 please let me know.

gkilner

suzi said:
Time meanwhile to work out how to get work clothes etc to office, Maybe drive Monday and take stuff with me for rest of week - any other views in this respect - smart casual is fine though may be better to go back to wearing suit and leave that there for week just taking tops as needed.

I have a set of double panniers so can take work clothes as and when required. I leave my work shoes at work all times.

Having panniers is a must for me though, becuase I don't have the option of driving in to work.

Top Bottom