Quick maintenance Question

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

si_c

Guru
Hee hee I had already posted pic then thought “oops might have message from moderater, so let me apologise to anybody who might take offence. Yes I have gloves and I love them. Anyhoo did some more tweaks this morning with saddle height (I can’t believe how high I have it! Maybe I have a small torso for 5ft 9! Also moved the saddle forward 2mm and tilted up 2mm. Well believe me I am astounded with the result. Going for a longer ride tomorrow in the wind and rain and will post update.
It's always worth tweaking your position, make a small change and see how you feel. Ride 100miles or so and then reassess.

Once you've got your bike near enough perfect, get a tape measure out and measure some key dimensions (Bottom bracket to top of saddle, tip of saddle to centre of handle bars, etc) and write them down. This will help you set the bike up again if you ever have to take it apart, or get a new one!

OP
OP
Spoons47

Spoons47

BE7EC60A-FE64-436E-A9DB-0C3782C76370.jpeg

OP
OP
Spoons47

Spoons47

AD67647F-220D-46AE-BE3F-BB8E975C8762.jpeg
So there we have the final tweaked riding position. And I’m wearing a shirt, not just any shirt but the famous Crystal Palace shirt..... you might think leg is a tad extended but it really feels like I have hit the sweet spot. At the service the shop levelled saddle because even though it felt good to ride it gave me a sore tailbone. When I got it home I moved saddle up a good 5mm plus the shop also dropped bars by two spacers. Long training ride today, aiming for 30 miles but tired out because of hilly stretch, shamefully had to walk up two of the hills.
I know I’m only a beginner but please people there are ways to make your ride comfortable and easier, you just need to set the base on all the positions, saddle, height and fore/aft and handlebars. Then patiently tweak from there
Two days rest for me apart from maybe a real trip.
Onwards and upwards.

Vantage

Carbon fibre... LMAO!!!
There's no shame in walking up hills. It's the clippity clap of my spd cleats that gets on my nerves and the fact that it seems to take longer walking than cycling up hills but otherwise I personally couldn't care less about pushing the bike along. :smile:

Top Bottom