QuickTime Movie editing?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

bonk man

Hi, my camera works with quick time, how can I edit it simply, my biggest problem is shrinking the file size to upload to youtuube.
Cheers......

I've never used quicktime; what I'd be tempted to do though is convert it using a piece of freeware and then edit it in windows movie maker. I done something similar with mobile phone footage.

downfader

extimus uero philosophus
I used to have a freeware convertor that did all kinds of simple editing... sadly the puter its on is borked so I cant remember what it was...

Adobe do kind of the standard software for video editing, production, etc on a budget. If you get more serious take a look into that. It also often comes with camcorders too.

OP
OP
bonk man

bonk man

HLaB said:
I've never used quicktime; what I'd be tempted to do though is convert it using a piece of freeware and then edit it in windows movie maker. I done something similar with mobile phone footage.

Cheers for that advice , I found one that works ok , I have been having trouble with the audio but the programme will shrink the files down which is a start.
I have down loaded one called Any Video Converter, any experience of it anyone, why does the audio not copy?? :wacko:

Carwash

Señor Member
If you just want to transcode it and reduce the file size, and can't be bothered to do it properly with mencoder/ffmpeg/transcode, I suggest you take a look at Handbrake (http://handbrake.fr/). It will accept most video and audio as input, and output to the codec and size you specify. There's a GUI an' evrifink.

bonk man said:
Cheers for that advice , I found one that works ok , I have been having trouble with the audio but the programme will shrink the files down which is a start.
I have down loaded one called Any Video Converter, any experience of it anyone, why does the audio not copy?? :wacko:

I think that the one I used, I think I converted to a MPEG then brought it into Movie Maker. In the lower right of the Any Video program there are various conversion options, scrolling down reveals audio options, that might solve the problem. I can't remember if any of my videos had sound or not, I usually mute sound in Movie Maker and add a music track.

OP
OP
bonk man

bonk man

hmm the sound has died on the computer, the beeps and such still work but anything music and soundtrack has gone...... some conflict or other, could be the converter programme... nothing is ever as simple as it should be. I will remove and see, easy enough to re install it.

Top Bottom