quintana wants to shine ?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
Quintana says he wants a team where he can shine, where he feels the full support of the team, the yellow jersey is still his goal..

..https://www.cyclingweekly.com/news/...am-can-shine-yellow-jersey-still-dream-434286

has he got what it takes with the right team , I don't know, he does occasionally show flashes of his abilities , like in the tour de france this year but hes a bloody frustrating rider to watch,its as though he has idea without being told , I think he lacks instinct,
what do you think, could he do it with the right support

ColinJ

Puzzle game procrastinator!
He's an odd one ... I don't know whether he just has a lot of bad days, or if he is just too cautious?

I think his win in the Tour de France this year was partly motivated by anger at a perceived lack of respect/support from the team. I can't remember which stage it was, but there was one where Landa (I think?) was overtaking him and they didn't even acknowledge each other as he passed.

OP
OP
roadrash

roadrash

cycle chatterer
I can't remember which stage it was, but there was one where Landa (I think?) was overtaking him and they didn't even acknowledge each other as he passed.

I remember commenting on that at the time , I expected one to start working for the other but they didn't even look at each other , Movistar tactics (if they have any) are certainly unfathomable :wacko:

He is a professional nightmare for any Ds.... Taking a bottle off a spectator because he is to stubborn to take his own nutrition when offered by his team car
movistar will be glad to get rid of him I'm sure.

At 30yrs old is he to old to change his own attitude and become a team player instead of a sole rider within a team.

Last edited:

gavroche

Getting old but not past it
I think Quantana is only a stage winner now. He hasn't the stamina to last 3 weeks or the mental ability to be a good team leader. He will never win the TdF.

rich p

ridiculous old lush
I have some sympathy for him.
Movistar have completely farked up their own chances in GTs over the last few years with unfathomable tactics, joint leaders with no pecking order, no in-ride nous and Valverde being untouchable and riding for himself whatever the situation.
I think Quintana would have done better at a team with a DS who wasn't an idiot and a supportive culture. Whether he'll find that at Arkea is debatable.

Adam4868

Guru
Depends who he's got with him I guess.Cant really see him with any GT wins to be honest.Stages at best,there's too much competition coming up when it seems he's going down.Feel a bit mean,but Movistar have been shite for him.
At least he'll have that team player Barguill to work for him....

Adam4868

Guru

Reactions: mjr
Top Bottom