Quite shocked.....sold car after a few hours

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

stevenb

In my bid to save money I decided to sell my little Seat Arosa TDI.
I put an advert on Piston Heads at about 2.30pm today.....I got a call at about 3.45pm. Emailed more pictures at 4pm and the car was gone by 6.15pm:ohmy:
I have a big roll of notes to hand......but alas.....they shan't be spent on a bike.:biggrin:
I have to now settle a bank loan I have and with the remainder by a cheap little runabout car. Dad wouldn't sell me his car.:blush:

Been browsing the Autotrader adverts for bargain basements around the £500 mark.
To think I was driving a UK spec Carlos Sainz LTD Edition Celica GT4 in March...and now this...:ohmy:
Still. Once this loan is paid off, I'll be £190 per month better off!!!! Which means saving up for my £1k road bike will be achieved quicker.:eek:

Keith Oates

Janner
Y reg, what year is that!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

OP
OP
stevenb

stevenb

Thats either a 1983 Y or a 2001 Y plate.
If it's the 2001 they didn't do a 1.1
So I assume it's the 1983 model...in which case...£1800 is not a bargain.....did you mean £180?:blush:

turbo tim

Got to sell one of my Peugeots, take your pick:

205 1.8 diesel, H reg, 6 months MOT, Taxed, 160000 miles, although had a replacement engine last February. Cam belt and clutch changed at that time. Bit scruffy but everything works. We've had it 5 years. 60mpg:blush:

or

306 1.4 petrol. M reg, 150000 miles, 6 months MOT, no tax. New clutch just fitted. Everything works, but a bit scruffy. Drives beautifully.

Bought a new(er) car for wife and me, so son has had our old Golf (306 was his). Got to keep one Peugeot for my youngest daughters to learn to drive on, not fussed which. £500 would probably get either. Any good?

OP
OP
stevenb

stevenb

turbo tim said:
Got to sell one of my Peugeots, take your pick:

205 1.8 diesel, H reg, 6 months MOT, Taxed, 160000 miles, although had a replacement engine last February. Cam belt and clutch changed at that time. Bit scruffy but everything works. We've had it 5 years. 60mpg:ohmy:

or

306 1.4 petrol. M reg, 150000 miles, 6 months MOT, no tax. New clutch just fitted. Everything works, but a bit scruffy. Drives beautifully.

Bought a new(er) car for wife and me, so son has had our old Golf (306 was his). Got to keep one Peugeot for my youngest daughters to learn to drive on, not fussed which. £500 would probably get either. Any good?

Thanks for the offer but I'll pass.:blush:

Top Bottom