Quite surprised

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

double_dd

Über Member
I needed my bike serviced and as I'm often busy at the weekend or wanting to be on the bike I struggle to find time.

So I thought ill commute to work for the first time from my house and get it serviced whilst at work. It's 20 miles with some hills at the start. (Darwen to Manchester centre)

I managed 1hr 18mins which is only 10 mins slower than in the car at rush hour, and 30 mins slower than the train.

So all in all pretty good I thought :smile:

DCLane

Found in the Yorkshire hills ...
See :thumbsup:

That's why many of us commute by bike.

MisterStan

Label Required
I needed my bike serviced and as I'm often busy at the weekend or wanting to be on the bike I struggle to find time.

So I thought ill commute to work for the first time from my house and get it serviced whilst at work. It's 20 miles with some hills at the start. (Darwen to Manchester centre)

I managed 1hr 18mins which is only 10 mins slower than in the car at rush hour, and 30 mins slower than the train.

So all in all pretty good I thought :smile:

Well done. You could easily have that down to 1 hour 10 mins if you kept at it. Probably less in the summer.

Beebo

Firm and Fruity
start thinking how much money you will save, and it suddenly all clicks into place.
Although 40 miles every day is at he top end of most peoples ability.

Last edited:

jonny jeez

Legendary Member
Except the bit where I fall asleep at my desk :blush:
You'll be surprised.

After a week or two you will find yourself feeling more tired if you don't ride. Just to put your mind at rest, my commute (I'm 6'.2 , with a big build) is circa 19-22 miles each way.

I plan to ride 4 days this week (Thursday is off unfortunately)

MisterStan

Label Required
You'll be surprised.

After a week or two you will find yourself feeling more tired if you don't ride. Just to put your mind at rest, my commute (I'm 6'.2 , with a big build) is circa 19-22 miles each way.

I plan to ride 4 days this week (Thursday is off unfortunately)

@double_dd note @jonny jeez's disappointment at not commuting? - that's the buzz we get.

Mike!

Guru
My commute is only 5 miles (quickest route) but I'm now a full 9-10 mins faster than my first attempt at it!

Leaway2

Lycrist
start thinking how much money you will save, and it suddenly all clicks into place.
Although 40 miles every day is at he top end of most peoples ability.
Ha ha don't fall for that one. Hmm want need a better bike, these shoes could do with upgrading, ad infinitum................:smile:

Seriously though, it is a great time of year to start. Not too cold,hot,wet. 40 miles would be too much for an old timer like me but good on you.

Top Bottom