Quiz show questions and daft answers

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
OP
OP
Saluki

Saluki

World class procrastinator
Uuh at 116
Discovered in 2000. I left school a couple of years before that.
Having said that, Bradley was wrong on The Chase then. Shall we write, en masse, and correct The Chase?

classic33

Leg End Member
Having said that, Bradley was wrong on The Chase then. Shall we write, en masse, and correct The Chase?
Why not?
Better still all post a link to here!

Knew there was at least one more

rich p

ridiculous old lush
Many moons ago I saw a quiz prog where the question was," Name the religious leader who had a holiday home in Majorca"
The twat answered "Jesus".
p.s. It was the Pope

winjim

Smash the cistern
Provisionally named ununhexium (Uuh) in 1979, discovered in the 2000s, now confirmed and named Livermorium (Lv). So a correct answer from 1979 - 2012, if you count placeholder names, although really only for about six years between its confirmation and its official naming.

stephec

Legendary Member
There's a Family Fortunes one where Les Dennis (I think ?) asks " Name an item you'd take to the beach ?"
Matey thinks for a millisecond and says " A turkey !"
Is that the one where he's on the final round and answers turkey to every question?

His family don't look very happy for some reason. :smile:

View: http://youtu.be/GdNd7bRCytU

I'd heard this story, but hadn't actually watched it before.

OP
OP
Saluki

Saluki

World class procrastinator
There's a Family Fortunes one where Les Dennis (I think ?) asks " Name an item you'd take to the beach ?"
Matey thinks for a millisecond and says " A turkey !"
We just looked for it. It's really old as Max Bygraves was the quizmaster.

View: http://youtu.be/MHiGT_odU2Y

Even Max looked a bit perplexed. At about 2 and a half minutes in, he looks up at the crowd and his face tells the story. Matey's family are looking really unimpressed.

mybike

Grumblin at Garmin on the Granny Gear
Recall a radio quiz where the host was desperately trying to get the lady contestant to name a vegetable dug from the ground. He mentioned her husband's pot belly, part of her foot & even something that goes under the bed but all she could manage was pottytoe!

Top Bottom