Quote embedding turned OFF

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Shaun

Founder
As per the previous forums, I've turned off quote embedding so that you don't get cascading quotes when replying to someone (quoted, quoted, quoted, quotes ... etc.).

Replies will now only quote the post you're replying to.

Cheers,
Shaun :rolleyes:

benb

Evidence based cyclist
[QUOTE 1127602"]
Great. Thanks Shaun.
[/quote]

Is there any way this can be configurable, as sometimes I want to include quotes within quotes. Most useful would be to have it as a button on the post. Something like "Quote all" and "Quote this post only"

theclaud

Openly Marxist
As per the previous forums, I've turned off quote embedding so that you don't get cascading quotes when replying to someone (quoted, quoted, quoted, quotes ... etc.).

Replies will now only quote the post you're replying to.

Cheers,

Hooray!

OP
OP
Shaun

Shaun

Founder
Is there any way this can be configurable, as sometimes I want to include quotes within quotes. Most useful would be to have it as a button on the post. Something like "Quote all" and "Quote this post only"

No, sorry, it's not optional - although multi-quote can give you a similar result - just not stacked within each other.

Cheers,

rockyraccoon

Veteran
That is good (it was a pain in the neck when using mobile) but I think it would be great to have quotes for specific sentences.

My quotes are always limited by specific sentence and I try to add "..." between them. However it would be nice to select the text and quote it without having to quote the whole post and have to edit the quoted message. Are you with me!?
wacko.gif

OP
OP
Shaun

Shaun

Founder
That is good (it was a pain in the neck when using mobile) but I think it would be great to have quotes for specific sentences.

My quotes are always limited by specific sentence and I try to add "..." between them. However it would be nice to select the text and quote it without having to quote the whole post and have to edit the quoted message. Are you with me!?
wacko.gif

I'm with you, but it cannot be done in this software or the new stuff, sorry.

Cheers,
Shaun :biggrin:

Top Bottom