R.E.W Reynolds again

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

biggs682

Touch it up and ride it
I wait with baited breath:eek:

Well just back with another large R.E.W Reynolds .

IMG_20180501_205138851.jpg

Laden with Campagnolo and oozing originality .

IMG_20180501_205208418.jpg

Record small flange front hub and a record large flange rear one , nouvo record rear mechanism , not sure what model front mechanism , pedals or seat pin .

IMG_20180501_205144578.jpg

And it's big at 24 1/2" .

Front mech is a pre-1978 Record. 1978 onwards they have a lip on the front edge.

SkipdiverJohn

Deplorable Brexiteer
Well just back with another large R.E.W Reynolds ..

You aren't kidding! Stick a couple of hinges on it and a farmer could use it to keep his cows in his field. It looks even bigger than 24 1/2", that head tube is TALL. Those little token mudguards make me laugh, totally useless for keeping anything clean apart from the brake mechanisms. They seem to have been all the rage in the late 70's to early 80's, my old 5-speed Raleigh Arena had them. I remember peeling off the blue protective cling-film like coating they came with from the factory. Miniskirts for bikes!

OP
OP
biggs682

biggs682

Touch it up and ride it
Resistance was futile this morning , i could lay in bed or get up and do some tinkering ..............

Well you can guess what won , a quick saddle adjustment and an application of some leather treatment to the underside of the B17 and some fresh grease on the seat post , i then soaked the front mechanism with some penetrating fluid to try and free it off well after a bit of gentle pressure i can now move it back and forth just got to get it to work on the cable next so i think a new cable is required so a job for tonight.

Next job was to fit a period Cinelli bottle cage so i could pick up some recyclable bottles whilst out riding then inflate tyres as required and a bit of chain "mickling" and of we went around the .75 mile block .

It rode the same as any other R.E.W has ever done ie very sure footed .

It's all set for 10+ miles of commuting later today ^_^

wisdom

Guru
That's another beauty.
It never ceases to amaze me what is still out there.Funnily they mostly end up with you.

Top Bottom