R.I.P Bill Maynard

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Dave7

Legendary Member
A good age... 89.
Apparently took his stage name from Maynards wine gums.
Played several great parts including Greengrass in Heartbeat

raleighnut

Legendary Member
Could very often be found in Enderby Working Mens Club. RIP.

Fnaar

Smutmaster General

Accy cyclist

Legendary Member
Spare a thought for Alf,Claude Greengrass's Lurcher in Heartbeat.
Alfred

250?cb=20110707113420.jpg
"A lurcher dog, originally belonging to Claude Greengrass and inherited by David Stockwell when Greengrass left the series. He became David's constant companion and appeared in numerous episodes. In Christmas episodes he was traditionally dressed up like a tiny reindeer, with fake antlers. After a long and happy life, Alfred finally died of heart failure in the episode "The End of the Road" in 2005.":sad: :cry:

Profpointy

Legendary Member
A great character actor who always entertained. Even in a lightweight show like hearbeat you'd just watch it in the hope that Maynard's, relatively minor, character would be in it that week. Not sure I'd have even watched it otherwise. Anyone remember Selwyn Frogget ? That was pretty good I recall, pretty much entirely down the him

Last edited:
OP
OP
Dave7

Dave7

Legendary Member
A great character actor who always entertained. I a lightweight show like hearbeat you'd just watch it in the hope that Maynard's, relatively minor character would be in in it that week. Not sure I'd have even watched it otherwise. Anyone remember Selwyn Frogget ? That was pretty good I recall, pretty much entirely down the him
Come on.......he was good. But you may not have watched it if not for him!!!!!
Have you forgotten Gina the barmade^_^:rolleyes:

Top Bottom