R.I.P. Dave Courtney

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

ianrauk

Tattooed Beat Messiah
We worked with him on his very terrible movie Hell To Pay.
He was a bit of a knob to be honest, but he did give me a plastic promotional Hell To Pay knuckle duster. Which I still have in my drawer here.
Sad to hear of his demise though.

Dogtrousers

Kilometre nibbler
Because he took his own life, so it would appear. Having had head malfunctions of my own I have a little insight into what drives people to do it and I find it very sad.

Yes, I didn't mean my earlier postings (being sceptical about his involvement with the Krays, and correcting the Charlton score) to seem to be belittling that. It's a terribly sad way for anyone to end up, wrong un or not.

London hard man, ex gangster, supposed inspiration for Lock stock and Two Smoking Barrels, Dave Courtney is brown bread, treacle.

Reports suggest it was by his own hand, which is a terribly sad way for any human to end

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-london-67191667

The article mentions he was in pain from arthritis and cancer, didn't know he suffered from cancer. Horrible disease.

I first saw him on Jerry Sadowitzs show years ago on Ch5, the gimmick was he was the bouncer who would get rid of any guests Jerry wound up too much.

He's done a fair few films as well, all low budget DVD bargain bin fare but they have their charms.

He was probably one of the early social media kings before social media existed

mustang1

Legendary Member
I never heard of him either. In my younger days I would have said "meh, gangster, no tears from me". Does this mean when people are criminally minded, should they not reform? Idk if Courtney went to jail or not, but is jail the only place where someone can reform?*

Having said that, still no tears from me as I know nothing about him.

*Caveat: it's a big question. Should past.criminals use their "earnings" to make a better life for themselves with clean living, or donate the money to charity? Or can they keep the money if they e been to jail? That's a huge topic and perhaps one for the Politics section which I'm not currently subscribed to.

Top Bottom