R I P Ian Curtis

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

scook94

Veteran
Rather fittingly Control is being shown on Sky at the moment (Sky Indie 310) and again at 20 past midnight...

Sig SilverPrinter

User3094 said:

anton is one of the photographers i work for, this film was a very personal project for him, i have got the film but have not watched it:blush:
don't know why as i was a big joy division fan in my youth,something just keeps stopping me,i think i don't want to disappointed ,so tell me its good and i wiil watch it

scook94

Veteran
It's good, it's also very sad and tragic. My other half, who loathes JD, really enjoyed the film though.

alecstilleyedye

nothing in moderation
it's very good, and nice to see a lot of macclesfield in it, as some of it was shot in nottingham apparently.

nilling

Über Member
scook94 said:
Rather fittingly Control is being shown on Sky at the moment (Sky Indie 310) and again at 20 past midnight...

Thanks for the headsup scook94...JD and early NO still my faves

Bodhbh

Guru
twowheelsgood said:
"Atmosphere" gets me every time. Can anyone think of a bleaker piece of popular music? It's the musical equivalent of a leaden sky over a bleak moor.
Aye they really butchered Russ Abbott's masterpiece.

DJ

Formerly known as djtheglove
Theres another film out called eh , Joy Division!!! Similar to control and lots of good live footage.

Renard

User3094 said:
The suicide note that is the whole album, Closer maybe?

I always think that Decades is the classic signing off tune

Renard

User3094 said:
In a lot of ways, early New Order is a lot more poignant than JD stuff.... Ceremony and Your Silent Face are just two examples that spring to mind.

Ceremony is a Joy Division tune. There's a live version on 'Still'

Fnaar

Smutmaster General
My dad's thoughts on 'pop music' were legend. He once picked up a Joy Division single of my brother's, looked at it, and asked "Joy Davidson... who's she?" ;)

alecstilleyedye

nothing in moderation
Fnaar said:
My dad's thoughts on 'pop music' were legend. He once picked up a Joy Division single of my brother's, looked at it, and asked "Joy Davidson... who's she?" :wacko:

you should buy him some of the oven gloves…

mondobongo

Über Member
Having tried out a 1 ,zero and skin over the last few years settled on a grade 2 every 10 days or so. Have become adept at using a razor and mirror to sort out the straggly bits at the back.

Top Bottom