R J Palmer

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Teuchter

Über Member
That looks really nice now and the honey Brooks goes well.

Looking at the rust on the earlier pics, had the bike been used as an anchor previously?

Canrider

Guru
There was a Palmer Tyres company back in the early 20th (I think they invented the clincher tyre?). Not sure about the RJ(&S), but perhaps someone bought the use of the name to make bicycles under?

OP
OP
BUR70N

BUR70N

Looks nice.

Did you get it coated locally (I'm in Ipswich) and how much did it cost?

Sorry for the real long delay - I think we have spoken over at LFGSS.

I got it done via a powder coaters near Woodbridge.
I am unsure if to put on some decals or not, plus I am not sure that I will be putting gears back on and I am thinking of going singlespeed for just mincing about on it. But unsure how to go about this with the BB and chainline etc.. Unless someone can shed some light on how to do this.

OP
OP
BUR70N

BUR70N

There was a Palmer Tyres company back in the early 20th (I think they invented the clincher tyre?). Not sure about the RJ(&S), but perhaps someone bought the use of the name to make bicycles under?

I think the shop, Not Just Bikes was run by R Palmer and ex copper based in Stowmarket in Suffolk who used to do bikes up, so I am not sure he was a frame builder etc, but please correct me if I am wrong.

OP
OP
BUR70N

BUR70N

Yeah hoping to get the bike finished this year. Don't think I will be doing a period build as I am going singlespeed

OP
OP
BUR70N

BUR70N

Just realised that I have not update the bike of this thread for awhile, well this is how the bike is currently a few years on now.. Been dropped off to be finished off, running cables etc.

Attachments

• IMG_1790.JPG
    IMG_1790.JPG
    336.2 KB · Views: 36
  • IMG_1793.JPG
    IMG_1793.JPG
    128.4 KB · Views: 33
  • IMG_1794.JPG
    IMG_1794.JPG
    125.1 KB · Views: 42
Top Bottom