R500 8spd rear wheel loan - Newcastle

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Kevoffthetee

On the road to nowhere
I'm wondering if anyone has a complete r500/501 rear wheel with 8 speed cassette and tyre I could borrow for a week or 2 in the newcastle area

My new 8 speed claris shifters arrive on Monday which I'm fitting to my peugeot Reynolds. I'm considering a cheap set of replacement wheels and the R501's are in mind but they have an 8/9/10 hub and I want to see how they are on before buying.

Cheers, kev

Spoked Wheels

Legendary Member
I'm wondering if anyone has a complete r500/501 rear wheel with 8 speed cassette and tyre I could borrow for a week or 2 in the newcastle area

My new 8 speed claris shifters arrive on Monday which I'm fitting to my peugeot Reynolds. I'm considering a cheap set of replacement wheels and the R501's are in mind but they have an 8/9/10 hub and I want to see how they are on before buying.

Cheers, kev

I don't have one to lend but your post gave me an idea..... I'm considering a set of Zipp 606 wheels. Would somebody let me try them for a couple of weeks? :whistle:

OP
OP
Kevoffthetee

Kevoffthetee

On the road to nowhere
Ah yes but mine is to see if it'll fit and roll ok, rather than an expensive (but awesome) upgrade.

Was hoping that someone had a winter wheel they would let me try on my pug

Last edited:
Top Bottom