Rabbits!

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
Don't know about evil. But they're definitely football fans.

I usually see one or two every commute. The night England got beat 0-0 by Algeria they were lining the route, nestling among the discarded 'Ingerland' car paraphenalia and giving it large.

I'm sure I saw a couple crashed out in the long grass the next morning.

jimboalee

There were Buzzards circling above the 'Cotswold Outing' route yesterday.

Waiting for those newbies who didn't train hard enough.

Funny thing innit! When I was a kid in the 1950s there wasn't a rabbit to be seen anywhere, all thanks to br'er Myxo... Indeed to spot a wild rabbit would have been as memorable an occasion as - say - spotting a wild otter nowadays. I can remember seeing hares, but not rabbits.

How times have changed! I too find the little blighters a nuisance - especially the young'uns that turn out in late Spring with no road-sense.

OP
OP
T

taxing

I can't believe people don't like them! I always wanted a rabbit as a kid but was never allowed one, I think it's affected me to this day.

I'm going to get one of these, I might even take it for walks on cyclepaths ;):

herman-giant-rabbit.jpg

martint235

Dog on a bike
Squirrels are my problem, hundreds of the little b*****s in Greenwich park. Like rabbits they never seem quite sure which way to run!

Oh and there's the standard roadkill which if you don't see doesn't half make your legs messy!!!;)

martint235

Dog on a bike
jonny jeez said:

Was it a red heron??

:sad:

Sorry couldn't help myself

jonny jeez said:

Believe me, I know a heron when I see one, and this wasn't. (Ok perhaps it was but pterodactyl sounds better)

As for actual wildlife we did see a stoat dragging a dead (or at least incapacitated) squirrel across the road a week or two ago.

hobo

O' wise one
This last few weeks whilst out walking my cats ive seen a badger the size of a collie dog and a fox. Out on the bike ive seen birds of prey, a weezle (for the first time) and sat on the wall next to my tent a owl chick.
Aint it all pretty!
Oh ive rescued two rabbits from the side of the road too!

Top Bottom