Race bmx commute

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Hullkr88

Hi all,

I currently commute to work on an old bmx. Some of the route is on road, some im racing through woods and field tracks. The commute is 3mile.

The bike im using now is a basic old Diamond back. Its ok on the road and the track, but struggles on mud. Its also seen better days.

I'm now looking at getting a race bmx. Has anyone got any advice on where/what I need to be looking at. 6'4 tall.

Thanks for looking

I like Skol

A Minging Manc...
Would've thought a decent hardtail mountain bike would be a better option, covers many more bases than a bmx but still allows for hooning around in the woods and urban tomfoolery as well (DAMHIKT :becool:).

OP
OP
Hullkr88

Hullkr88

Cheers for the reply,

im also looking at dirt bikes. Its the height I like, the bmx feels easier to whip round the track and trees.

Although I do get a few funny looks when they see 6'4 steaming along on a small bmx.

fossyant

Ride It Like You Stole It!
You do know you need more than one bike, so I'd get something more suitable for covering a distance. Then keep a BMX for tricks/BMX tracks. You must be mad wanting to go any distance on a BMX at 6'4:laugh:

OP
OP
Hullkr88

Hullkr88

You do know you need more than one bike, so I'd get something more suitable for covering a distance. Then keep a BMX for tricks/BMX tracks. You must be mad wanting to go any distance on a BMX at 6'4:laugh:

It’s like a spin class going to work. Best work out Iv had and the wood has a few jumps mid way.

Top Bottom