Race eligibility

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
Mmmm Recumbent racing - generally I'm would like to see some recumbent racing - I would like to time trial a Cruzbike, but I don't think that it can be in the same class as a diamond frame (there has been a recent move in Scotland to ban normal position bikes that don't have a the right number of diamonds in the frame - so it not just recumbents that have problems).

One thing about recumbent's in bunch races is that they would change the nature of the races as there isn't such an advantage in being tucked into a wheel, because of the areo's on a recumbent, so maybe you would lose 'the bunch advantage' and the racing would become less interesting.

Personally - I want to see how fast I can go - a top of the range time trial bike doesn't interest me as I know there are faster bikes and I will not buy a top of the range recumbent as I can't race it.

Maybe things will change the delta car at Le mans, the electric motorbikes at the Island(Isle of Man) do show that things can change.........

arallsopp

Post of The Year 2009 winner
Heard a rumour today that herne hill might open its doors to us for a few hours. We'd have to pay a fee, but itlooks like we can use our own bikes / trikes.... Maybe £20 a head, if we can get ten of us... All very tentative, and im not the guy driving it.

Top Bottom