Race for Life, Cardiff 5k run.

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

grumpydad

Hope its ok to post this here.

I've signed up to run the Cancer UK, Race for Life 5k run, in Cardiff in May, and I'm trying to raise some money. Just for some background, Just over a year ago I had a lump removed from my leg, which resulted in the loss to some of the quad muscles, fortunately it turned out to be just a lump, but it was still a fairly stressful time, I thought it was about time I put something back into the system, I'm not really a runner, in fact I couldn't get back on the bike until June last year and only ran my first 5k earlier this year, I don't find running easy so it will take some preparation and hard work but at least I know I can run 5k, so here's a link to my fundraising page if anyone's feeling generous, and I will be very grateful if anyone does chip in.

https://fundraise.cancerresearchuk.org/page/marks-race-for-life-13094624

AndyRM

XOXO
Give parkrun a go, friendly, not competitive and you may well meet some folks who can give you tips.

cyberknight

As long as I breathe, I attack.
I always find if and when i run it hits my hamstrings more than my quads at the time, trouble is i run at my cardio fitness pace so my legs are sore afterwards .
Note , since my knee meniscus tear surgery i dont run unless i was being chased !

Gwylan

Veteran
Hope its ok to post this here.

I've signed up to run the Cancer UK, Race for Life 5k run, in Cardiff in May, and I'm trying to raise some money. Just for some background, Just over a year ago I had a lump removed from my leg, which resulted in the loss to some of the quad muscles, fortunately it turned out to be just a lump, but it was still a fairly stressful time, I thought it was about time I put something back into the system, I'm not really a runner, in fact I couldn't get back on the bike until June last year and only ran my first 5k earlier this year, I don't find running easy so it will take some preparation and hard work but at least I know I can run 5k, so here's a link to my fundraising page if anyone's feeling generous, and I will be very grateful if anyone does chip in.

https://fundraise.cancerresearchuk.org/page/marks-race-for-life-13094624

da iawn brawd

Top Bottom