race radio ban...

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

mr-marty-martin

i think its tomorow's stage when this kicks in for a couple of days...

should be intresting, but sualy the teams arnt goin to let it stand, somethings gota kick off...

they've been signing a potition, wonder if anything come's of that...

What is the point of that why would they ban there radio?

ACS

Legendary Member
Race radio will be available to riders, but not to team managers, so all riders will still receive all the normal safety messages and warnings and be able to call up support from the netural service cars.

Contrary to the propaganda currently being pushed out by some of the teams its just that no tactical information will be available to the riders.

Noodley

spandex said:
What is the point of that why would they ban there radio?

So that the riders have to think about tactics themselves.

Race radio will still be used to transmit information to riders re hazards, etc. but not from the Teams.

edit - is there an echo?

Yes I think it's generally a good idea to try it on certain stages. It should make the race more interesting. I think the only argument is about safety and warning of potential hazards.

satans budgie said:
Race radio will be available to riders, but not to team managers, so all riders will still receive all the normal safety messages and warnings and be able to call up support from the netural service cars.

Contrary to the propaganda currently being pushed out by the teams its just that no tactical information will be available to the riders.

Ah, I hadn't appreciated that.

ACS

Legendary Member
Noodley said:
So that the riders have to think about tactics themselves.

Race radio will still be used to transmit information to riders re hazards, etc. but not from the Teams.

edit - is there an echo?

NO.....No......no.....no

OP
OP
M

mr-marty-martin

to a point it spoils the racing, attacks going up the road etc...

as soon as they see a little attack forming there managers are straight on the radio telling whatever team there on to chase it down etc, constint time gap updates, if it looks like the breaks suffering they tell them...

it could spell disaster for cav, he'll be looking for the win tomorow....

Noodley

satans budgie said:
Given his experience I think he can but can his team leader by 2 seconds?

Maybe next time anyone watches a Tour and thinks "God he can really read a race" they'll realise he's hearing the goblin shouting "go now, now, c'mon wake up...now!"

Maybe that's why he looked back at Ullrich as he thought the voices were coming from behind him ;)

Top Bottom