Race to the East

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Melvil

Just thought I'd float an idea and see what you think...

I'd like to set up a charity ride this summer, starting from Calais. There would be several teams of riders. The aim of each team would be to ride as far East as possible in four days (96 hours) using any route they like.

What do you reckon?

Fnaar

Smutmaster General
And how, pray, are we meant to get back? :biggrin:

OP
OP
M

Melvil

One word: GPS

I imagine Slovakia, Czechoslovakia, Hungary etc could all be within shooting distance.

OP
OP
M

Melvil

Dave5N said:
I reckon fifty in my team. Flog the poor bastard on the front half to death. Drop him. Repeat 48 times.

I'm afraid my rules would be the last man in the team after 96 hours would be measured so I'm afraid your 50-man team might not do so well!

Arch

Married to Night Train
I fear I'd get as far as a little cafe somewhere just off the ferry, serving cafe au lait and pain au chocolate and grind to a halt...:smile:

Cathryn

Legendary Member
I'd make it to the Champagne reason and then give up in 'exhaustion'.

I love the idea!! I have plans for this summer which me and the leg are focussing on enormously at the moment, but if you did it next summer, I'd be well up for it. Love the idea of a Gumball Rally but for beautiful bikes instead of rich people!!

Noodley

How about it starts in Paris and the route goes west to, say, Brest. And then back again. And it is held every 4 years. Every man and woman for themselves, but we allow "bonding", alliances and support in kind. We may even attract some local interest.

Or what about starting in London then visit Scotland's capital before heading back again. We could hold it every 4 years as well but making sure it does not clash with the French Ride.

Or what about starting in Boston and heading to Montreal and back again. Or what about....

xx(:blush:

Top Bottom