Raceblade Fixings

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

slow down

I've put some Raceblades on my Bianchi, currently with the rubber straps so I can easily take them off on dry days and for cleaning. Are these straps any good, or should I use the cable ties? I have visions of it popping off and planting the guard in my wheel.

andygates

They're fine. Just watch out for grit getting under the pads and dulling your finish - clean thoroughly and maybe put down a bit of insulating tape to protect the paintwork over winter.

Gary D

Similar to what andy said.
Make sure you protect your frame.
The first time I used mine on my Tricross (gloss black paint), they scratched the frame on the seat stays such that I had to T-cut it to remove the scratches. I guess they were moving around very slightly, and when the grit got under them the damage was done.
I now use cut up pieces of inner tube under the brackets and it works fine.

Hope this helps.

Gary.

Dave5N

Über Member
Mine wore the paint on the downtube. I wish I had put a bit of electrical tape there first.

They were 'adjusted' on the fly and lifted a little too much. Rubbed every turn.

steve23

ive made a braket for my front one, like on a normal mudguard. that fits onto the brake bolt.

it works a treat and stops my raceblade from rattling too much.

OP
OP
S

slow down

Cheers - I have used the clear tape strips that came with the guards to protect the carbon forks and stays, will see how that holds up.

Rob S

slow down said:
Cheers - I have used the clear tape strips that came with the guards to protect the carbon forks and stays, will see how that holds up.

The clear tape did very little to protect the paintwork on my frame...the best solution is strips of old innertube cut to the correct shape.

redjedi

Über Member
Thanks for the heads up.

I have raceblades fitted to my Bianchi and the last thing I want is for it to get scratched.

Coincidently I have a spare tube after friday's commute home.

And to answer the first question, the rubber straps do hold them in place fine, but I also used the cable ties, just in case :becool:

Top Bottom