Racing in Yorkshire

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

thunderlips76

climbs for cake
Hi there, are there any organised cycle races in Yorkshire summer 2015. Preferable races that are open to giant fat gets that can't go super fast?

vickster

Legendary Member
There'll be sportives but they're not races. Look at the British cycling site, or Google?

DCLane

Found in the Yorkshire hills ...
Look at British Cycling - there's whole range of races. Your options will be 4th Cat races, although they're probably not up yet.

This summer I've raced at the York curcuit but there's been races elsewhere as well. Near you there'll be races in Doncaster and Tickhill town centres in June/August but there's loads of others.

If you're on Facebook there's a British Cycling Yorkshire group, which is useful to be on.

Also if you're not in a club it would help to be in one and get used to fast group riding. Inexperienced group riders who go straight into racing cause problems for most of the other riders.

Rob3rt

Man or Moose!
Hi there, are there any organised cycle races in Yorkshire summer 2015. Preferable races that are open to giant fat gets that can't go super fast?

You will need to join British Cycling & buy a race license.
You really ought to join a club and learn to ride in a group at speed.

OP
OP
thunderlips76

thunderlips76

climbs for cake
Ah on yeah it's the sportive I'm after. I'm not in a club but there's quite a group of lads that ride together, we're just fat. Problem Id have joining a group is that I mainly work nights and weekends.

DCLane

DCLane

Soltydog

Legendary Member
http://65roses-holmemossclassic.co.uk/ will be local for you if it runs again next year :thumbsup:

Top Bottom