Racing Ralph help!

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

kilf

Please help I know nothing about mountain bike tech. I rang my local bike shop and asked him what cheap tyres he had in for my old Kona Pahoehoe (same tyres since 1998 lol) he said he had some 2.25mm Racing Ralphs for £30 for the pair. I took them he said they were the same as the folding ones but not quite as light. But I cant find any non folding ones on the net...did I get a good deal?
Also I used to run the Kona break and enter tyres 1.98mm at 55 psi as im 16 stone and mostly used to stick to the Cannock Chase leisure trails. Ive done the follow the dog twice now once with old tyres and once with new old tyres felt fine new tyres (ralphs) with 50psi felt not very safe (grippy) can I lower the PSI at my weight? (it was wetter when I first tried the ralphs Today)

Angelfishsolo

A Velocipedian
RR are designed for Summer XC riding on hardpack and the like. At 16 stone you will be able to ride them at 40psi.

Muddy Ground

Yeah, right. Try a Maxxis Super Tacky on the road one day - feels as though you are riding with the brakes on.

He he; I did try slicks off road once. Only once....

MG

Cubist

Still wavin'
Run 'em at 35/40 and make sure you take a tyre boot with you! It depends on your trail. They are best on dry hardpack, and are a bit thin walled so may suffer on sharp rocky stuff. Min 40 if you want to do any drops and stuff.

For summer riding you have a bargain.

Top Bottom