racing saddle advice?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

montage

God Almighty
My current one is rock hard - not sure if it will mould over time or not...but it certainly doesn't feel that way!

Anyway, Brooks are too heavy...and the only saddle recommended on here seems to be the brooks - so who has experience comfy racing saddles that aren't stupidly priced?

Oh and I know that saddles are personal preference - but people will often still agree on a comfy saddle.

bonj2

toupe. there are different widths, i find 155 to be the comfiest having previously had a 143, have now got a 155 and it is a lot comfier. looks good as well

MacB

Lover of things that come in 3's
Montage, having just converted to a Brooks for my commuter, and having Spesh saddles on the other 2 bikes I now have an Alias in 155 going spare. It's done about 200 miles, so in A1 nick, I could do that for £35 posted.....Al

oh yeah, best try in shop for size first

4F

Active member of Helmets Are Sh*t Lobby
montage said:
was looking for a £35 kinda job..... but I guess for a decent saddle that is pretty unlikely?

Look 2nd hand on e bay. I picked up a spotless specialized toupe 143 for less than £ 30 :biggrin:

OP
OP
montage

montage

God Almighty
Just been to the shop and looked at the charge spoon - might try it out soon. Cheers for the offer MacB- I will look into it, but will first try out the £25 charge spoon :biggrin:

bonj2

montage said:
Just been to the shop and looked at the charge spoon - might try it out soon. Cheers for the offer MacB- I will look into it, but will first try out the £25 charge spoon :biggrin:

surely if you try out a £25 one, and don't like it, and spend £35 on another one, then you might as well have just spend £60 on a good one in the first place...

Cubist

Still wavin'
Just put a Charge Spoon on my bike. Will let you know how good it is this afternoon after I've ridden it. For and extra 15 quid you can get the Charge Knife. Slimmer, lighter (ti rails) and currently availabe in all colours, unlike the Spoon, which is like rocking horse shoot in the black version.

Bonj, the Charge Spoon got rave reviews, What Mountain Bike Gold and Value awards last month(hence why it's so scarce) and because it's scarce, you'll get more or less what you paid for it on E-Bay if it's not comfortable enough.

It's also made by Velo and pretty much identical to OEM saddles on Genesis MTB's, and suspiciously similar to OEM saddles on Cube LTDs.

OP
OP
montage

montage

God Almighty
Cubist said:
Just put a Charge Spoon on my bike. Will let you know how good it is this afternoon after I've ridden it. For and extra 15 quid you can get the Charge Knife. Slimmer, lighter (ti rails) and currently availabe in all colours, unlike the Spoon, which is like rocking horse shoot in the black version.

Bonj, the Charge Spoon got rave reviews, What Mountain Bike Gold and Value awards last month(hence why it's so scarce) and because it's scarce, you'll get more or less what you paid for it on E-Bay if it's not comfortable enough.

It's also made by Velo and pretty much identical to OEM saddles on Genesis MTB's, and suspiciously similar to OEM saddles on Cube LTDs.

Cheers Cubist - I think I will pocket the £15 and take the £25 charge spoon - my LBS usually seems to have enough of the black ones in. Hope it gets on well with you :bravo:

Top Bottom