Rack Eyelets - Which is Which?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

John the Monkey

Frivolous Cyclist
Just musing on this - my frame has two sets of eyelets at the back. (EDIT- I mean the ones at the frame dropouts).

Is there a preferred/recommended way to fit mudguards & rack regarding which eyelets to use? (E.g. mudguards on lowest, rack on highest or vice versa).

rich p

ridiculous old lush
John the Monkey said:
Just musing on this - my frame has two sets of eyelets at the back. (EDIT- I mean the ones at the frame dropouts).

Is there a preferred/recommended way to fit mudguards & rack regarding which eyelets to use? (E.g. mudguards on lowest, rack on highest or vice versa).

Whichever works best: I used the same drop out eyelet for both guard and rack on my wife's bike recently

OP
OP
John the Monkey

John the Monkey

Frivolous Cyclist
Thanks RichP.

I'd already set the bike up with mudguards on the lowest set, and rack on the upper set. Or course, then I got in the house, and started wondering about whether seasoned tourers would scoff at my naivete for doing same, or my rear dropouts spontaneously collapse through being stressed incorrectly... :laugh:

Arch

Married to Night Train
John the Monkey said:
Thanks RichP.

I'd already set the bike up with mudguards on the lowest set, and rack on the upper set. Or course, then I got in the house, and started wondering about whether seasoned tourers would scoff at my naivete for doing same, or my rear dropouts spontaneously collapse through being stressed incorrectly... :ohmy:

No point in worrying about that. Whatever you do, someone will scoff, because they do it differently....:sad:

Top Bottom