Rad Power Bikes & Enzoebikes

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

gbb

Legendary Member
It will be North American users (assuming Canadas regulations are the same) that can only really comment I suspect. Here I the UK, we're limitied to 15.5 mph assist so those bikes wouldn't be sold here.

Not sure how many US or Canadiqn members we have on here ? Good luck anyway.

OP
OP
Rockn Robin

Rockn Robin

It will be North American users (assuming Canadas regulations are the same) that can only really comment I suspect. Here I the UK, we're limitied to 15.5 mph assist so those bikes wouldn't be sold here.

Not sure how many US or Canadiqn members we have on here ? Good luck anyway.

Although these are companies that one can order online, I was under the impression one can purchase their products from any country, but I never thought of the differences in regulations. 15.5 mph? Why not 15 or 16? It would be interesting to know how they came up with that number.

Cheers
Wayne

Reactions: gbb
OP
OP
Rockn Robin

Rockn Robin

We do have quite a few stateside members but I don't know how many are into ebikes.
You can buy kits to convert any bike, I don't know if you've considered this, much cheaper than buying a new off the shelf one. I see you are considering a folder but you can also get some excellent kits for your Brompton.

https://www.electric-bike-kit.com/h...jMy49xUk8VfVDaYfJo8F11aSQpTvnkOgaAtn4EALw_wcB

That's a good option, and I did think about that. The dealer I purchased my Brompton from mentioned that some owners have had issues with front fork integrity. Cracks and breakage over time. I will approach them again with this website. I do know that one jeopardizes the warranty on the bikes frame by doing this. But, I will look into it again. It's been a while since I thought of this option.

Cheers
Wayne

Pale Rider

Legendary Member
Although these are companies that one can order online, I was under the impression one can purchase their products from any country, but I never thought of the differences in regulations. 15.5 mph? Why not 15 or 16? It would be interesting to know how they came up with that number.

Cheers
Wayne

Welcome to the UK, home of metric and imperial measurements.

The speed limit is European wide at 25km/h, which converted equates to 15.5mph.

There is a few percent tolerance within that, so you could have a road legal ebike in Europe which assists up to about 17mph.

OP
OP
Rockn Robin

Rockn Robin

Welcome to the UK, home of metric and imperial measurements.

The speed limit is European wide at 25km/h, which converted equates to 15.5mph.

There is a few percent tolerance within that, so you could have a road legal ebike in Europe which assists up to about 17mph.

I see. I wasn't thinking about the metric system when 15.5 mph was mentioned. Yes, it makes sense now when you convert back to km/h.

Top Bottom