Radical Panniers - Mesh Seat - Photos Required

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

spiro

I have just obtained a pair of Radical panniers (large) which are for a hard seat trike which I want to be able to use on a mesh seat ICT T 26". My understand is that the front strap which is attached to the inside of the bag for a hard seat needs to be attached to the outside for a mesh seat. I haven't tried them on yet to see for myself as they have only just arrived so it will have to wait until the weekend.

Does anyone out there have any photos of the mesh version I can use as a guide as to what I need to do???? I would prefer not to remove the existing front straps which would allow them to be used on either.

Auntie Helen

Ich bin Powerfrau!
Do you mean the radical sidepods or something else?

I have the Radical Sidepods and a mesh seet on a Q20 but am away and can't photograph it all till next Monday.

OP
OP
S

spiro

My plan 'b' is to attach them using the existing straps to a strap under my mesh seat that has 2 loops spaced as wide as the hard seat. This will avoid modding the panniers.

Can some kind sole who has a hard seat Trice T or Q tell me the width of the seat. TIA

Chonker

Veteran
I'll try and get some measurements later after work. Do you mean these side bags? I thought they were for either seat type, they hang a little low for my liking though and i have to be careful how I pack the right hand one or it'll touch the chain.

3619935607_802001a34c_b.jpg

The large Radical panniers fit back over the top of the rear rack.
I use them when I want to carry my Cinelli Bike Bag so I can take my Trice Q on a train.

I've got a set for my mesh seat but no camara ...... :sad:
The front strap that goes over the seat is fitted at the outside of the front pocket by the zip.
Hope that helps.

Luck ........ :blush:

OP
OP
S

spiro

Radical advised me I would need to change the straps to fit a Hard seat set onto a Trike with a Mesh seat.

I have just tried fitting them without modification and I found I can fit them in two different ways.

The 1st way was that the 2 sets of rear straps go on top of the rack and the front set of straps go over the seat recliner. This way there is no access to the panniers.

The 2nd was was the read set of straps on top of the rack, middle set on top crossbar of seat and front set across the seat. Despite what Radical said the strap was long enough and it means the mesh pockets are accessible. Will try and post pictures later.

Thanks for all the replies.

It depends on the seat.

My pods fit fine on the Hurricane and Street Machine, but the straps were at their limit on the Trice and now the Catrike.

They work well with these machines with the lower two straps on the seat and the upper strap on the carrier

Chonker

Veteran
sorry havn't found time to measure my seat yet. Probably wont help you as there are different sized hardshell seats and I have no idea which size mine is!

Top Bottom