Radio 4

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Chris S

Legendary Member
Is anyone still listening to The Archers ?

It's not realistic.

There are about 5 gay characters in the storylines at any one time. If Ambridge was representative of the rest of the UK then there should be 95 straight characters in the same storylines.

The black characters don't face any racism (though Usha Gupta did when she first appeared 30 years ago) and there aren't any snobs either.

stephec

Legendary Member
An update.

I still love radio 4, but can no longer stand do so. Since a certain big referendum the politics has been cranked up to 11.

I don't do politics. I don't care. Politics on a political programme, or even the news, is fine because I know not to listen to those shows.

However, they can't help themselves and even the comedians are cracking political jokes and scoring points for their own little chums. I'll let you decide what part of the political spectrum they tend to inhabit.

So it's world service now, and hoping that doesn't go the same way.

Please, no politics, no political observations, no right-on political jokes, except in a politics programme please, then at least we have the choice to be washing our hair when it comes on. I suspect my entreaties will fall on deaf ears at the Beeb, but hey ho- it's not like I have a TV licence :laugh:

Have you written a stiff letter to the Times about it?

Gwylan

Veteran
They can't do that!
What about Sailing By and the shipping forecast at midnight 45?

Well if you believe that you'll be surprised to learn that the weather forecast is supposed to be broadcast at dictation speed too.
Not happened recently.

OP
OP
Drago

Drago

Legendary Member
In the future submarine captains will be forced to watch eastenders. If a week should pass without Phil Mitchell flushing Ian Beale's head down the lavvy then civilisation has ended.

Top Bottom