Radiohead's new album is out on Saturday... :-)

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
It's called 'King of Limbs' and available for £6 on download. I'm crossing my fingers that it's as good as In Rainbows...

http://www.thekingof...s.com/DIGBP.htm

Thanks so much for the heads-up. I don't follow any of the music press anymore, so these things tend to creep up on me (pun intended).

Pre-ordered the MP3 version. Will buy the CD version when it drops to £6.00 on Amazon. Can't wait...

PS - I paid £5.76 for the download of In Rainbows - exactly the amount of 'change' I had left in my current account that day!

U

User482

I thought In Rainbows was their best since OK Computer. I bought it on vinyl, as all right-thinking people would do.

Jezston

Über Member
I thought In Rainbows was their best since OK Computer. I bought it on vinyl, as all right-thinking people deluded nostalgic snake-oil drinking 'audiophiles' who chat with other audiophiles on hifi forums about how vinyl sounds better than CD and throwing around some seriously bizarre pseudo-science to back up their assertions would do.

FTFY ;)

Fnaar

Smutmaster General
I was given (as part of a leaving present) a radiohead CD once... listened to tracks 1 and 2 and then put it in the pile of stuff to take to the charity shop. Jeez, life's too short!

U

User482

Don't really know what you're talking about. I just like records, that's all.

yello

I've just downloaded it (MP3) and started to give it a listen... just as the misses decided it was time to put the vacuum around
angry.gif

yes, I know, there's a joke in there for those that want it...

cry.gif

Not been so disappointed since Prince released The Crystal Ball...

...listened once and nothing makes me of a mind to listen again.

Someone, please help.... I missed something?

(Now listening to In Rainbows CD1 and all is right with the world again)

OP
OP
M

Melvil

cry.gif

Not been so disappointed since Prince released The Crystal Ball...

...listened once and nothing makes me of a mind to listen again.

Someone, please help.... I missed something?

(Now listening to In Rainbows CD1 and all is right with the world again)

Have to say, I agree with you so far...it just isn't clicking - as one reviewer said, it feels a bit more like a follow up to Thom Yorke's solo effort the eraser than anything by Radiohead and just a little devoid of warmth, of generosity of spirit, a bit of shoegazing. Maybe repeated listens will dispel this feeling (I hope so) but...

Top Bottom