Railway children at the nrm

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Sandra6

Veteran
We went to York railway museum yesterday to see theatre Royal's adaptation of this classic and it was fantastic!
You are seated either side of a platform - the stage - and the train effects, sounds, lights and steam are brilliant. They even shunt a real train in!!
I cried, more than once.
You should all go.

Drago

Legendary Member
Jenny Agutter?

You are seated either side of a platform - the stage - and the train effects, sounds, lights and steam are brilliant. They even shunt a real train in!!
I cried, more than once.
You should all go.

It's the GWR Pannier locomotive that was in the original film (not the inferior remake) that's used (or it was as pictured in the 'Yorkshire Post' the other morning.
That's the locomotive that stopped by Bobbi, when the landslip took place
http://kwvr.co.uk/steam-train/great-western-railway-0-6-0pt-pannier-tank-no-5775/

Terry Pratchett satirised the children, in his last book 'Raising Steam', when they tried to cause a railway disaster

As for tears, I'll freely admit that the station sequence towards the end of the (original) film causes me a moist eye, as it did just now finding the clip:blush:

Mad Doug Biker

Just a damaged guy.
Personally, I want to see the NRM's newly preserved Eurostar Powercar (3308) once they have restored it for display.
The HAP too!

I'll get my anorak.....

Last edited:
Top Bottom