Rain at last!

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Globalti

Legendary Member
Nothing compared to the rain I experienced in West Africa last two weeks but it's been raining all night and still raining now. The reservoirs are depleted and we need it. At least my muppet neighbour can stop watering his evergreens now.

dan_bo

How much does it cost to Oldham?
Yup it was bliss when I came out of the gig last night to be greeted with cooling rain. Hope the roads arent slimy today though!

NormanD

Lunatic Asylum Escapee
Lashing it down all night here in the North East

Bottom of the street is closed due to flooding and I've a river of water flowing past my driveway

Shame really as I was so looking forwards to mowing the lawn today :biggrin:

summerdays

Cycling in the sun
Well we had all of 0.2 mm according to the local weather station - so I don't think it will have made any difference.

longers

Legendary Member
We've had nice steady stuff and it'll do the ground good. It was very refreshing riding in this morning, I can't remember the last wet commute.

fossyant

Ride It Like You Stole It!
longers said:
We've had nice steady stuff and it'll do the ground good. It was very refreshing riding in this morning, I can't remember the last wet commute.

I even went the 'long route' as normal. Eased a little during the commute. Took corners easy though.

Note to self, now you don't use a rucksack, the waterproof top is now like a windsock - buy a smaller/better fitting one ! :rolleyes:

fossyant

Ride It Like You Stole It!
guitarpete247 said:
It slung it down in the night 2 or 3 times. It's stopped now but at least I don't have to water my veg's tonight.

Guess who watered his vegies last night... not going to rain...doh...... :rolleyes:

guitarpete247

Just about surviving
fossyant said:
Guess who watered his vegies last night... not going to rain...doh...... :rolleyes:

I did;).

lukesdad

Not that much here. Although some fore cast for later in the week. Our water is at its lowest levels since we ve lived here. Have to store our water for fruit and veg.

guitarpete247

Just about surviving
lukesdad said:
Not that much here. Although some fore cast for later in the week. Our water is at its lowest levels since we ve lived here. Have to store our water for fruit and veg.

When I was a student in the mid 70's I had a friend from Newport who had worked at the steelworks for the summer of '76. He came back with some real horror stories about the lack of water and the state he was in after a shift. I hadn't realised all the reservoirs then (prob same now) were to feed Birmingham area not Cardiff, Newport etc:sad::rolleyes:.

Top Bottom