Rain commuting

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Rob3rt

Man or Moose!
I dont really do much different really, brake a bit earlier and lighter to accomodate for potential skidding and/or the pads not gripping as well on the wet rims. Dont lean as much cornering (but then i ride fixed so im never leaning to much).

Basically i ride more conservatively, nothing special in terms of technique.

One thing I do activelly do is avoid shiny patches on the road incase its a water filled pothole.

fossyant

Ride It Like You Stole It!
Watch roads after a prolonged dry spell, they get slippy when rained on.... affects cars too... the guy up the embankment facing the wrong way round a two lane roundabout hadn't paid much attention to that fact the other day............

PrettyboyTim

When riding in the wet, I tend to put an occasional very slight pressure on the brakes, just to clear the rims of water. I find that if I don't I come to a junction and when I pull on the brakes it takes a little while to bite as the blocks spend a couple revolutions getting all the water (and crud) out of the way. I tend to do this (when I remember) whenever I go for a couple of hundred yards without having to slow down.

Top Bottom