Rain

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Roadrider48

Voice of the people
It actually stopped raining and the sun came out as soon as I reached where I was going....ain't it always the way?

Your bike is obviously a wuss. Mine are much tougher. The rusting thing only happened after I left it for a length of time that would make @fossyant and @ianrauk faint.
I live down a long muddy single track country lane... each and every time my bike is out in winter it needs the crap washing off it, not to mention the brake blocks digging out. Also living close to rather a lot of salt mines does not help the matter... and cycling past the salt hills (? right choice of word?) makes life err, interesting... at least I know the road won't be icy!
Might depend on where you live, I know there's a ton of salt on the roads here all winter and all the metal bits on my bike seem to turn orange every time I've been out in the rain lately!
yep - there is an interesting colour to the muck at the moment isn't there! the orangie/brown tinge to the mud/muck is interesting to say the least!:laugh:

summerdays

Cycling in the sun
I am not sure I can recall having fun riding in the rain.
Regards.
In the summer when its warm/hot and you get a quick downpour ... it brings out that inner child that just wants to go and splash in puddles wearing their wellies:rain:, the rest of the year I won't choose to go out in the rain just for fun but I wouldn't let it stop me from going out on the bike. And once you are soaked you can't actually get any wetter - I've done those rides where you come home and literally change everything!

OP
OP
Doc333

Doc333

Knight Of The Realm & All Around Good Guy
Thanks folks, you've made my mind up and I will be going out this weekend as I have an Endura waterproof jacket, winter waterproof gloves, peaked hat for under the helmet and thats it, so expect wet legs but at least I'm out on the road. Will be trying to stay away from the Northwich area as I don't fancy the salt
:angry:

Thanks folks, you've made my mind up and I will be going out this weekend as I have an Endura waterproof jacket, winter waterproof gloves, peaked hat for under the helmet and thats it, so expect wet legs but at least I'm out on the road. Will be trying to stay away from the Northwich area as I don't fancy the salt
:angry:
Avoid Winsford then which is where the current stock piles of road grit are stored... Oh and Middlewich where the British Salt are.... and.... :laugh:

Paulus

Started young, and still going.
Carbon will melt when exposed to rain, were did you get this from a lot of hulls on boats are made of carbon do you see them melting.

I think coffeejo was have a giraffe:laugh:

Top Bottom